Thursday, October 7, 2010

Random Acts Of Kindness

Yesterday as my train pulled up at the platform I saw a girl buying a drink from a vending machine. Upon seeing the train pull in, she grabbed her drink and hurried towards it, leaving her change behind. As she boarded, a man walking past paused and collected the money. He boarded the train via a different door to the girl, and my first thought was "What a cheeky guy, just taking her change like that". But as I watched, the man made his way down the train carriage and stopped at her seat. He handed her the money and walked away. The surprised smile on her face brought a smile to mine, and I kept smiling for quite some time afterwards. It reminded me how quickly we can jump to a negative conclusion rather than a positive one.



No comments:

Post a Comment